How to Easily Paint Windows
1) Gather your prepping supplies. We use a sanding block to sand off any rough spots and then caulk for a seamless finish.
2) Sand the rough areas and caulk any corners.
We usually smooth out the bead of caulk with a wet finger (and keep a wet paper towel handy) for a seamless finish.
3) Paint! Don't worry about getting paint on the glass. Actually, the more paint on the glass the better (just keep reading, trust me).
4) Once your paint is fully dry (we waited a couple days), it's time to finish. Score the paint along the window frame using light pressure with a box cutter. Or, in case you can't find yours (like us), a carpet cutter-knife will work, too. Remember: score the dry paint but don't press too hard.
5) Use a razor blade and follow your scored line. Apply pressure and hold the razor blade at a 60 degree angle for best results.
6) Gather your paint shavings and simply toss them in the trash.
7) Hang your window treatments.
Yup, we're pretty happy that we're not living in a fishbowl anymore, and love the texture that the bamboo blinds bring to our hard-surface-and-black-and-white kitchen.
What about you guys? How do you like to tackle painting windows? Have you tried any other methods we didn't mention? Or are you lucky enough not to have to paint windows?
Did you enjoy this post? Please subscribe for free updates in the future and to see what we're up to next!